Tuesday, May 5, 2009

I am hooked!

Yes I believe I am!

As those that know me are aware, I have been wanting to make a quilt in memory of my cherished mother-in-law who passed away early in 2008. When a Beginners Quilting class in March this year came up at Sussex Neigbourhood House it was the perfect time to get it happening. That quilt is now almost complete with only the small picture of Mum and a few words to be sewn on. The picture below was taken when a friend was helping me to baste the quilt.


Below as it looks now.
Mum loved roses and the colour pink so therefore that had to be the theme. I will be sending it to the Palliative Care ward of the Wesley Hospital in Brisbane very soon. It will be hard to part with it but I know they will use it there. Mum had a beautiful one on her bed during her last days and that is where I got the idea to make one.
As I came towards the end of creating the quilt I felt sad in a way as I was enjoying the process so much. I did tell friends that it was like reading a great book and enjoying the story so much that I didn't want it to end!




Of course since the class I have been looking at books, websites, material etc. to decide what is my next project. As the picture here shows I was even "caught" looking at a book on quliting at my work. That is the Manager behind me. I think she understands too that I am hooked.


So next step for me is to decide on my project. Something for me or possibly gifts for friends.

Do you think I am hooked on quilting?




2 comments:

  1. Lovely post, Joanne. Welcome to the world of quilt-addicts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just stopping by to return your visit to my blog... a wonderful quilt. I have several here my Grandmother made. The only quilt I have anything to do with is the one made from all my old shirts I wore in High School.

    Claude

    ReplyDelete